Red Sox lineup: Mike Carp remains in left field
|07.28.13 at 12:05 pm ET|
A day after clubbing three home runs and totaling seven runs, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards with the same lineup.
The most noteworthy holdover is Mike Carp, who was 3-for-4 in Saturday’s game and will be in left field again. It is the first time since July 7-8 that Carp has started in back-to-back games.
Though the Sox had initially pegged Sunday as a day for Ryan Lavarnway to get behind the plate (day game following night game), the team instead opted to have Jarrod Saltalamacchia catch Red Sox starter Jon Lester (9-4, 4.50) after the two worked well together in Lester’s last start.
Lester has enjoyed success against the Orioles in his career, owning a 14-2 record with 2.86 ERA in 22 career starts. Lester picked up the win in his last outing against the Tampa Bay Rays. He went 6 1/3 innings giving up just two runs over seven hits.
Lester will face off against Jason Hammel (7-7, 5.20). Hammel has lost five games in his last 10 outings with an ERA of 5.04. Hammel has also struggled at his home park this season as he is 1-4 with a 6.65 ERA at Camden Yards.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete matchups coverage, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Stephen Drew SS
Jose Iglesias 3B
Jon Lester P
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster