Red Sox lineup: Mike Carp remains in left field
|07.28.13 at 12:05 pm ET|
A day after clubbing three home runs and totaling seven runs, the Red Sox return to Camden Yards with the same lineup.
The most noteworthy holdover is Mike Carp, who was 3-for-4 in Saturday’s game and will be in left field again. It is the first time since July 7-8 that Carp has started in back-to-back games.
Though the Sox had initially pegged Sunday as a day for Ryan Lavarnway to get behind the plate (day game following night game), the team instead opted to have Jarrod Saltalamacchia catch Red Sox starter Jon Lester (9-4, 4.50) after the two worked well together in Lester’s last start.
Lester has enjoyed success against the Orioles in his career, owning a 14-2 record with 2.86 ERA in 22 career starts. Lester picked up the win in his last outing against the Tampa Bay Rays. He went 6 1/3 innings giving up just two runs over seven hits.
Lester will face off against Jason Hammel (7-7, 5.20). Hammel has lost five games in his last 10 outings with an ERA of 5.04. Hammel has also struggled at his home park this season as he is 1-4 with a 6.65 ERA at Camden Yards.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete matchups coverage, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Mike Carp LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Stephen Drew SS
Jon Lester P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens