Red Sox lineup: Johnny Gomes in left field, Brandon Snyder at third base, Jose Iglesias sits
|07.29.13 at 5:48 pm ET|
The Red Sox and Rays return to Fenway Park Monday evening to make up Thursday night’s rainout. The Sox have jumped back ahead of the Rays in the American League East Division standings after taking two of three from the Orioles over the weekend.
Johnny Gomes will get the start in left field Monday night. Jose Iglesias will also get the night off, while Brandon Snyder will start at third base.
The Sox will face a familiar foe in David Price (5-5, 3.75). In his last outing, Price threw a 97-pitch complete game against the Red Sox, where he gave up just one run over five hits. It was his third complete game in his last four starts since returning from the disabled list.
Felix Doubront (7-4, 3.78) will square off against Price. Doubront was strong in his last start against Price, giving up three runs over 6 2/3 innings. Over his last 10 starts Doubront is 4-2 with a 2.59 ERA.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete Price and Doubront matchups coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for tonight’s game:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Johnny Gomes LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Stephen Drew SS
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat