Red Sox lineup: Johnny Gomes in left field, Brandon Snyder at third base, Jose Iglesias sits
|07.29.13 at 5:48 pm ET|
The Red Sox and Rays return to Fenway Park Monday evening to make up Thursday night’s rainout. The Sox have jumped back ahead of the Rays in the American League East Division standings after taking two of three from the Orioles over the weekend.
Johnny Gomes will get the start in left field Monday night. Jose Iglesias will also get the night off, while Brandon Snyder will start at third base.
The Sox will face a familiar foe in David Price (5-5, 3.75). In his last outing, Price threw a 97-pitch complete game against the Red Sox, where he gave up just one run over five hits. It was his third complete game in his last four starts since returning from the disabled list.
Felix Doubront (7-4, 3.78) will square off against Price. Doubront was strong in his last start against Price, giving up three runs over 6 2/3 innings. Over his last 10 starts Doubront is 4-2 with a 2.59 ERA.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete Price and Doubront matchups coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for tonight’s game:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Johnny Gomes LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Stephen Drew SS
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo