Red Sox lineup: Johnny Gomes in left field, Brandon Snyder at third base, Jose Iglesias sits
|07.29.13 at 5:48 pm ET|
The Red Sox and Rays return to Fenway Park Monday evening to make up Thursday night’s rainout. The Sox have jumped back ahead of the Rays in the American League East Division standings after taking two of three from the Orioles over the weekend.
Johnny Gomes will get the start in left field Monday night. Jose Iglesias will also get the night off, while Brandon Snyder will start at third base.
The Sox will face a familiar foe in David Price (5-5, 3.75). In his last outing, Price threw a 97-pitch complete game against the Red Sox, where he gave up just one run over five hits. It was his third complete game in his last four starts since returning from the disabled list.
Felix Doubront (7-4, 3.78) will square off against Price. Doubront was strong in his last start against Price, giving up three runs over 6 2/3 innings. Over his last 10 starts Doubront is 4-2 with a 2.59 ERA.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete Price and Doubront matchups coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for tonight’s game:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Johnny Gomes LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Stephen Drew SS
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists