Red Sox lineup: Johnny Gomes in left field, Brandon Snyder at third base, Jose Iglesias sits
|07.29.13 at 5:48 pm ET|
The Red Sox and Rays return to Fenway Park Monday evening to make up Thursday night’s rainout. The Sox have jumped back ahead of the Rays in the American League East Division standings after taking two of three from the Orioles over the weekend.
Johnny Gomes will get the start in left field Monday night. Jose Iglesias will also get the night off, while Brandon Snyder will start at third base.
The Sox will face a familiar foe in David Price (5-5, 3.75). In his last outing, Price threw a 97-pitch complete game against the Red Sox, where he gave up just one run over five hits. It was his third complete game in his last four starts since returning from the disabled list.
Felix Doubront (7-4, 3.78) will square off against Price. Doubront was strong in his last start against Price, giving up three runs over 6 2/3 innings. Over his last 10 starts Doubront is 4-2 with a 2.59 ERA.
For complete team coverage, click here.
For complete Price and Doubront matchups coverage, click here.
Here is the Red Sox’ lineup for tonight’s game:
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
Shane Victorino RF
Dustin Pedroia 2B
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Johnny Gomes LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Stephen Drew SS
Brandon Snyder 3B
Felix Doubront P
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster