Source: Michael Young currently will only accept trade to Texas
|07.30.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
According to an industry source, Philadelphia infielder Michael Young will only accept a trade to Texas. The 36-year-old, whom the Red Sox have significant interest in heading toward the non-waiver trade deadline, has full no-trade protection.
There have been cases where a player initially refused to be dealt before agreeing to a deal in exchange for some sort of adjustment to their contract.
Young, who calls Texas home in the offseason, is a free agent at season’s end. He is hitting .277 with a .743 OPS and seven home runs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins