Source: Michael Young currently will only accept trade to Texas
|07.30.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
According to an industry source, Philadelphia infielder Michael Young will only accept a trade to Texas. The 36-year-old, whom the Red Sox have significant interest in heading toward the non-waiver trade deadline, has full no-trade protection.
There have been cases where a player initially refused to be dealt before agreeing to a deal in exchange for some sort of adjustment to their contract.
Young, who calls Texas home in the offseason, is a free agent at season’s end. He is hitting .277 with a .743 OPS and seven home runs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview
- Cup of Coffee: Owens solid again, Portland stages comeback