Source: Michael Young currently will only accept trade to Texas
|07.30.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
According to an industry source, Philadelphia infielder Michael Young will only accept a trade to Texas. The 36-year-old, whom the Red Sox have significant interest in heading toward the non-waiver trade deadline, has full no-trade protection.
There have been cases where a player initially refused to be dealt before agreeing to a deal in exchange for some sort of adjustment to their contract.
Young, who calls Texas home in the offseason, is a free agent at season’s end. He is hitting .277 with a .743 OPS and seven home runs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anderson Espinoza to Greenville, Logan Allen to Lowell highlight GCL promotions
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead