Source: Michael Young currently will only accept trade to Texas
|07.30.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
According to an industry source, Philadelphia infielder Michael Young will only accept a trade to Texas. The 36-year-old, whom the Red Sox have significant interest in heading toward the non-waiver trade deadline, has full no-trade protection.
There have been cases where a player initially refused to be dealt before agreeing to a deal in exchange for some sort of adjustment to their contract.
Young, who calls Texas home in the offseason, is a free agent at season’s end. He is hitting .277 with a .743 OPS and seven home runs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads Salem to doubleheader split
- Players of the Week, 8/18-24: Brian Johnson & Mike Miller
- Cup of Coffee: Speier helps GCL Sox clinch division title
- Marrero and Coyle headed to Arizona Fall League
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis rips first career home run in GCL Sox win
- Weekly Notes: Battle for CF heats up with new addition
- Cup of Coffee: Asuaje leads the way, Wilkerson keeps rolling
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson dominates NH, Coyle hits 14th
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo