Source: Michael Young currently will only accept trade to Texas
|07.30.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
According to an industry source, Philadelphia infielder Michael Young will only accept a trade to Texas. The 36-year-old, whom the Red Sox have significant interest in heading toward the non-waiver trade deadline, has full no-trade protection.
There have been cases where a player initially refused to be dealt before agreeing to a deal in exchange for some sort of adjustment to their contract.
Young, who calls Texas home in the offseason, is a free agent at season’s end. He is hitting .277 with a .743 OPS and seven home runs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo