Trade Deadline: Phillies 3B Michael Young reportedly only willing to return to Rangers
|07.30.13 at 1:34 pm ET|
Speculation that Michael Young will be traded by the Phillies increased Tuesday afternoon with a report from Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Passan that Philadelphia plans to call up fellow third baseman Cody Asche from Triple-A.
The Red Sox are one of the teams rumored to have an interest in Young, but Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted that Young will only approve a trade back to the Rangers, where he played for 13 seasons before being traded in December.
Young is hitting .277/.342/.402 with seven home runs and 32 RBIs in 98 games. He’s a career .300/.347/.442 hitter with 184 home runs and 1,016 RBIs in 1,921 games.
Young has made eight errors in 209 chances over 90 games at third base this year, leaving him with a fielding percentage of .962 at the position. He’s also played seven games at first base, with no errors there. His career fielding percentage, including time at all four infield positions, is .978.
‘¢ Astros right-hander Bud Norris is expected to be traded, especially after he was scratched from his Tuesday night start against the Orioles. The O’s are one of three teams in hot pursuit of the 28-year-old, according to MLB.com Astros beat writer Brian McTaggart.
Norris is 6-9 with a 3.93 ERA and a 1.413 WHIP in 126 innings over 21 starts. In his five-year career — all spent in Houston — Norris is 34-46 with a 4.33 ERA and 1.404 WHIP in 689 2/3 innings over 118 starts and one relief appearance.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest