Red Sox lineup: Ryan Lavarnway catching, Brock Holt at third
|08.01.13 at 3:29 pm ET|
With Felix Hernandez pitching for the Mariners in their series finale against the Red Sox, Ryan Lavarnway gets the start at catcher. Also in the Red Sox’ starting lineup is Brock Holt, who mans third, having gone 1-for-2 against the Seattle ace.
A collection of Red Sox have fared fairly well against Hernandez, with Jacoby Ellsbury hitting .286 (6-for-21), David Ortiz going 9-for-29 (.310) and Dustin Pedroia hitting .286 (10-for-35). Struggling vs. the righty have been Mike Napoli (6-for-36, .167), Daniel Nava (2-for-11, .182) and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who has gone 5-for-25 (.200).
Here is the lineup for the Red Sox, who send Ryan Dempster to the mound:
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Stephen Drew SS
Daniel Nava LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Brock Holt 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players