Red Sox lineup: Ryan Lavarnway catching, Brock Holt at third
|08.01.13 at 3:29 pm ET|
With Felix Hernandez pitching for the Mariners in their series finale against the Red Sox, Ryan Lavarnway gets the start at catcher. Also in the Red Sox’ starting lineup is Brock Holt, who mans third, having gone 1-for-2 against the Seattle ace.
A collection of Red Sox have fared fairly well against Hernandez, with Jacoby Ellsbury hitting .286 (6-for-21), David Ortiz going 9-for-29 (.310) and Dustin Pedroia hitting .286 (10-for-35). Struggling vs. the righty have been Mike Napoli (6-for-36, .167), Daniel Nava (2-for-11, .182) and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who has gone 5-for-25 (.200).
Here is the lineup for the Red Sox, who send Ryan Dempster to the mound:
Jacoby Ellsbury CF
David Ortiz DH
Mike Carp 1B
Stephen Drew SS
Daniel Nava LF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Brock Holt 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler