Shane Victorino named AL Player of the Week
|08.05.13 at 4:38 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino was named AL Player of the Week for July 29-August 4. It is the first time in his career he’s been recognized with the award. Victorino batted .400 (12-for-30) with a .441 OBP, .700 slugging mark, three doubles, two home runs, six RBI and seven runs scored over seven games as the Sox went 5-2. His week concluded with an unusual 2-for-3 performance that also included a pair of HBPs on Sunday, a contest in which all four of the plate appearances in which the switch-hitter reached base came while batting right-handed against right-handed pitchers. On the year, Victorino is hitting .290 with a .337 OBP and .423 slugging mark in 79 games for the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller