Shane Victorino named AL Player of the Week
|08.05.13 at 4:38 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino was named AL Player of the Week for July 29-August 4. It is the first time in his career he’s been recognized with the award. Victorino batted .400 (12-for-30) with a .441 OBP, .700 slugging mark, three doubles, two home runs, six RBI and seven runs scored over seven games as the Sox went 5-2. His week concluded with an unusual 2-for-3 performance that also included a pair of HBPs on Sunday, a contest in which all four of the plate appearances in which the switch-hitter reached base came while batting right-handed against right-handed pitchers. On the year, Victorino is hitting .290 with a .337 OBP and .423 slugging mark in 79 games for the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.