Shane Victorino named AL Player of the Week
|08.05.13 at 4:38 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino was named AL Player of the Week for July 29-August 4. It is the first time in his career he’s been recognized with the award. Victorino batted .400 (12-for-30) with a .441 OBP, .700 slugging mark, three doubles, two home runs, six RBI and seven runs scored over seven games as the Sox went 5-2. His week concluded with an unusual 2-for-3 performance that also included a pair of HBPs on Sunday, a contest in which all four of the plate appearances in which the switch-hitter reached base came while batting right-handed against right-handed pitchers. On the year, Victorino is hitting .290 with a .337 OBP and .423 slugging mark in 79 games for the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo