Shane Victorino named AL Player of the Week
|08.05.13 at 4:38 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino was named AL Player of the Week for July 29-August 4. It is the first time in his career he’s been recognized with the award. Victorino batted .400 (12-for-30) with a .441 OBP, .700 slugging mark, three doubles, two home runs, six RBI and seven runs scored over seven games as the Sox went 5-2. His week concluded with an unusual 2-for-3 performance that also included a pair of HBPs on Sunday, a contest in which all four of the plate appearances in which the switch-hitter reached base came while batting right-handed against right-handed pitchers. On the year, Victorino is hitting .290 with a .337 OBP and .423 slugging mark in 79 games for the Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again