Franklin Morales to make his return to Red Sox Saturday
|08.10.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
Morales, who hasn’t pitched with the Red Sox since June 22 due to a pectoral injury, is coming off a one-inning rehab outing with Double-A Portland Wednesday, giving up a run on two hits. He has pitched in six major league games this season (five out of the bullpen), with two, four-run relief appearances contributing to a 7.30 ERA.
Beato pitched during the Red Sox’ 9-6 loss to the Royals Friday night, allowing one run on three hits over 1 1/3 innings. He has allowed one run in each of his last three relief appearances with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket