Franklin Morales to make his return to Red Sox Saturday
|08.10.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
Morales, who hasn’t pitched with the Red Sox since June 22 due to a pectoral injury, is coming off a one-inning rehab outing with Double-A Portland Wednesday, giving up a run on two hits. He has pitched in six major league games this season (five out of the bullpen), with two, four-run relief appearances contributing to a 7.30 ERA.
Beato pitched during the Red Sox’ 9-6 loss to the Royals Friday night, allowing one run on three hits over 1 1/3 innings. He has allowed one run in each of his last three relief appearances with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 2
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Rijo perform well in losses
- The Write-Up: Benintendi, Basabe and more from Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi has three hits in return to Lowell lineup
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback