Franklin Morales to make his return to Red Sox Saturday
|08.10.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
Morales, who hasn’t pitched with the Red Sox since June 22 due to a pectoral injury, is coming off a one-inning rehab outing with Double-A Portland Wednesday, giving up a run on two hits. He has pitched in six major league games this season (five out of the bullpen), with two, four-run relief appearances contributing to a 7.30 ERA.
Beato pitched during the Red Sox’ 9-6 loss to the Royals Friday night, allowing one run on three hits over 1 1/3 innings. He has allowed one run in each of his last three relief appearances with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs