Franklin Morales to make his return to Red Sox Saturday
|08.10.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a team source, Franklin Morales will rejoin the Red Sox Saturday, with the team sending reliever Pedro Beato back to Triple-A Pawtucket.
Morales, who hasn’t pitched with the Red Sox since June 22 due to a pectoral injury, is coming off a one-inning rehab outing with Double-A Portland Wednesday, giving up a run on two hits. He has pitched in six major league games this season (five out of the bullpen), with two, four-run relief appearances contributing to a 7.30 ERA.
Beato pitched during the Red Sox’ 9-6 loss to the Royals Friday night, allowing one run on three hits over 1 1/3 innings. He has allowed one run in each of his last three relief appearances with the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire left-hander Ryan Verdugo from Royals
- Players of the Week, 7/7-13: Alex Hassan & Steven Wright
- Cup of Coffee: Roberson powers Greenville past Rome
- Cup of Coffee: Moore homers twice to power Spinners
- Weekly Notes: Boston turns to Vazquez, Owens' star shines bright
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero leads PawSox, Spinners fall at Fenway
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson keeps rolling, Blair hits game-winner
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept
- Cup of Coffee: Knuckleballer Wright cruises in Pawtucket, Portland drops two