Will Middlebrooks called up; Brandon Snyder to disabled list
|08.10.13 at 2:05 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a major league source, the Red Sox will call up third baseman Will Middlebrooks on Saturday. In a corresponding move, Brandon Snyder is slated to go on the 15-day disabled list.
Middlebrooks struggled at the major league level early in the season, hitting just .192/.228/.389 with nine homers and 25 RBIs before being demoted to Triple-A Pawtucket on June 25. In 45 games for Pawtucket this season, he is hitting .268/.327/.464 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
Middlebrooks has heated up recently. He was riding an eight-game hitting streak before being promoted, posting a .333/.361/.545 line during that span.
In 21 games for the Sox this season, Snyder has hit .209/.227/.419 with two homers and seven RBIs.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts