Will Middlebrooks called up; Brandon Snyder to disabled list
|08.10.13 at 2:05 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a major league source, the Red Sox will call up third baseman Will Middlebrooks on Saturday. In a corresponding move, Brandon Snyder is slated to go on the 15-day disabled list.
Middlebrooks struggled at the major league level early in the season, hitting just .192/.228/.389 with nine homers and 25 RBIs before being demoted to Triple-A Pawtucket on June 25. In 45 games for Pawtucket this season, he is hitting .268/.327/.464 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
Middlebrooks has heated up recently. He was riding an eight-game hitting streak before being promoted, posting a .333/.361/.545 line during that span.
In 21 games for the Sox this season, Snyder has hit .209/.227/.419 with two homers and seven RBIs.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo