Will Middlebrooks called up; Brandon Snyder to disabled list
|08.10.13 at 2:05 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a major league source, the Red Sox will call up third baseman Will Middlebrooks on Saturday. In a corresponding move, Brandon Snyder is slated to go on the 15-day disabled list.
Middlebrooks struggled at the major league level early in the season, hitting just .192/.228/.389 with nine homers and 25 RBIs before being demoted to Triple-A Pawtucket on June 25. In 45 games for Pawtucket this season, he is hitting .268/.327/.464 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
Middlebrooks has heated up recently. He was riding an eight-game hitting streak before being promoted, posting a .333/.361/.545 line during that span.
In 21 games for the Sox this season, Snyder has hit .209/.227/.419 with two homers and seven RBIs.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles