Will Middlebrooks called up; Brandon Snyder to disabled list
|08.10.13 at 2:05 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a major league source, the Red Sox will call up third baseman Will Middlebrooks on Saturday. In a corresponding move, Brandon Snyder is slated to go on the 15-day disabled list.
Middlebrooks struggled at the major league level early in the season, hitting just .192/.228/.389 with nine homers and 25 RBIs before being demoted to Triple-A Pawtucket on June 25. In 45 games for Pawtucket this season, he is hitting .268/.327/.464 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
Middlebrooks has heated up recently. He was riding an eight-game hitting streak before being promoted, posting a .333/.361/.545 line during that span.
In 21 games for the Sox this season, Snyder has hit .209/.227/.419 with two homers and seven RBIs.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston