Will Middlebrooks called up; Brandon Snyder to disabled list
|08.10.13 at 2:05 pm ET|
KANSAS CITY — According to a major league source, the Red Sox will call up third baseman Will Middlebrooks on Saturday. In a corresponding move, Brandon Snyder is slated to go on the 15-day disabled list.
Middlebrooks struggled at the major league level early in the season, hitting just .192/.228/.389 with nine homers and 25 RBIs before being demoted to Triple-A Pawtucket on June 25. In 45 games for Pawtucket this season, he is hitting .268/.327/.464 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
Middlebrooks has heated up recently. He was riding an eight-game hitting streak before being promoted, posting a .333/.361/.545 line during that span.
In 21 games for the Sox this season, Snyder has hit .209/.227/.419 with two homers and seven RBIs.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies