Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli hitting seventh
|08.14.13 at 3:54 pm ET|
Echoing what John Farrell said Wednesday on Salk & Holley, the Red Sox will sport a different batting order Wednesday against the Blue Jays, as Mike Napoli has been moved down to the seventh spot in the lineup. With the struggling Napoli hitting seventh, Johnny Gomes will hit fifth and Stephen Drew will hit sixth.
Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox as he looks for his first win in the month of August.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Johnny Gomes, LF
6. Stephen Drew, SS
7. Mike Napoli, 1B
8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP — Jon Lester
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case