Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli hitting seventh
|08.14.13 at 3:54 pm ET|
Echoing what John Farrell said Wednesday on Salk & Holley, the Red Sox will sport a different batting order Wednesday against the Blue Jays, as Mike Napoli has been moved down to the seventh spot in the lineup. With the struggling Napoli hitting seventh, Johnny Gomes will hit fifth and Stephen Drew will hit sixth.
Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox as he looks for his first win in the month of August.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Johnny Gomes, LF
6. Stephen Drew, SS
7. Mike Napoli, 1B
8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP — Jon Lester
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome