Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli hitting seventh
|08.14.13 at 3:54 pm ET|
Echoing what John Farrell said Wednesday on Salk & Holley, the Red Sox will sport a different batting order Wednesday against the Blue Jays, as Mike Napoli has been moved down to the seventh spot in the lineup. With the struggling Napoli hitting seventh, Johnny Gomes will hit fifth and Stephen Drew will hit sixth.
Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox as he looks for his first win in the month of August.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Johnny Gomes, LF
6. Stephen Drew, SS
7. Mike Napoli, 1B
8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP — Jon Lester
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts