Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Daniel Nava at first vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|08.15.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
One day after his two-run, ninth-inning homer sent the game into extra innings, Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli will sit for the series finale against the Blue Jays and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle. Though Napoli typically would represent a player whom the Sox tried to get into the lineup against a southpaw, he has relatively modest numbers (.211/.273/.368) against Buehrle, while Nava is 2-for-6 with a homer against the veteran.
Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy‘s third start with the Red Sox. Lavarnway will bat seventh.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Daniel Nava, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jake Peavy, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance