Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Daniel Nava at first vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|08.15.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
One day after his two-run, ninth-inning homer sent the game into extra innings, Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli will sit for the series finale against the Blue Jays and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle. Though Napoli typically would represent a player whom the Sox tried to get into the lineup against a southpaw, he has relatively modest numbers (.211/.273/.368) against Buehrle, while Nava is 2-for-6 with a homer against the veteran.
Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy‘s third start with the Red Sox. Lavarnway will bat seventh.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Daniel Nava, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jake Peavy, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?