Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Daniel Nava at first vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|08.15.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
One day after his two-run, ninth-inning homer sent the game into extra innings, Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli will sit for the series finale against the Blue Jays and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle. Though Napoli typically would represent a player whom the Sox tried to get into the lineup against a southpaw, he has relatively modest numbers (.211/.273/.368) against Buehrle, while Nava is 2-for-6 with a homer against the veteran.
Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy‘s third start with the Red Sox. Lavarnway will bat seventh.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Daniel Nava, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jake Peavy, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler