Red Sox lineup: Mike Napoli sits, Daniel Nava at first vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|08.15.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
One day after his two-run, ninth-inning homer sent the game into extra innings, Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli will sit for the series finale against the Blue Jays and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle. Though Napoli typically would represent a player whom the Sox tried to get into the lineup against a southpaw, he has relatively modest numbers (.211/.273/.368) against Buehrle, while Nava is 2-for-6 with a homer against the veteran.
Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for Jake Peavy‘s third start with the Red Sox. Lavarnway will bat seventh.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Daniel Nava, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jake Peavy, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday