Poll: Was Ryan Dempster right to have hit Alex Rodriguez?
|08.19.13 at 8:37 am ET|
Most of the talk from Sunday night’s Red Sox-Yankees game centered on Ryan Dempster throwing multiple pitches at Alex Rodriguez in the second inning, eventually hitting him in the side. Although the Sox deny it was intentional, the widespread belief is that Dempster was sending a message to A-Rod, who has become arguably the most-despised player in the game after his latest controversies involving PEDs and him reportedly selling out fellow players in an attempt to defend himself.
Dempster squandered a 2-0 lead in the inning and the Sox went on to lose the game, 9-6, leading many to question whether it was worth it. Where do you stand?
What's your opinion on Ryan Dempster plunking Alex Rodriguez?
- I fully support it because A-Rod deserves it (30%)
- He should not have thrown at him in any case (27%)
- The intent was OK, but it was the wrong time for it (20%)
- I like the idea, but he should have stopped trying after the first pitch that went behind A-Rod (19%)
- I don't care, but why do these teams always do something that makes the game last more than four hours? (4%)
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected