Red Sox call up Brayan Villarreal
|08.19.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
According to multiple industry sources, the final player the Red Sox recalled in a flurry of roster moves on Monday is relief pitcher Brayan Villarreal, whom the Sox acquired from Detroit in last month’s three-team trade with Chicago for starter Jake Peavey.
In two appearances for Triple-A Pawtucket, the right-handed Villarreal has allowed one hit and no runs over 2 1/3 innings, walking one and striking out two while earning one save. He went 2-2 for Toledo this season while in Detroit’s organization with a 3.15 ERA in 28 appearances. In 34 1/3 innings, he allowed 26 hits and 12 earned runs with 26 walks and 41 strikeouts.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo