Red Sox call up Brayan Villarreal
|08.19.13 at 4:17 pm ET|
According to multiple industry sources, the final player the Red Sox recalled in a flurry of roster moves on Monday is relief pitcher Brayan Villarreal, whom the Sox acquired from Detroit in last month’s three-team trade with Chicago for starter Jake Peavey.
In two appearances for Triple-A Pawtucket, the right-handed Villarreal has allowed one hit and no runs over 2 1/3 innings, walking one and striking out two while earning one save. He went 2-2 for Toledo this season while in Detroit’s organization with a 3.15 ERA in 28 appearances. In 34 1/3 innings, he allowed 26 hits and 12 earned runs with 26 walks and 41 strikeouts.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.