Xander Bogaerts not in Monday’s lineup
|08.19.13 at 6:32 pm ET|
Xander Bogaerts is not in the lineup for his first day as a major-leaguer, as Stephen Drew remains in with the Sox in San Francisco to face Tim Lincecum and the Giants.
With the Sox playing in a National League park, Mike Napoli will sit while David Ortiz mans first base.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, 1B
5. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
6. Daniel Nava, LF
7. Stephen Drew, SS
8. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
9. Jon Lester, P
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder