Indians grant Daisuke Matsuzaka his release
|08.20.13 at 12:25 pm ET|
The Indians granted pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka his release Tuesday, ending a stint with the organization in which he spent the entire season at Triple-A.
In 19 games for Triple-A Columbus, Matsuzaka had a 3.92 ERA with 39 walks and 95 strikeouts over 103 innings.
Now 32, Matsuzaka is in his seventh season playing professionally in North America after the Red Sox won the rights to negotiate with him thanks to a $51.1 1 million posting fee. The Sox then inked Matsuzaka to a six-year, $52 million deal, though he never emerged as the top-of-the-rotation starter he was projected to be in the major leagues. The Sox let him walk following the expiration of his contract, with Matsuzaka signing with Cleveland in February.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins