Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts makes big league debut, hits seventh
|08.20.13 at 6:19 pm ET|
SAN FRANCISCO — Xander Bogaerts will make his major-league debut Tuesday against the Giants, starting at shortstop while hitting seventh. With righty Ryan Vogelsong on the mound for San Francisco, Stephen Drew gets the night off to make way for Bogaerts.
Also sitting out of the starting lineup will be David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Mike Carp replaces Ortiz at first (with Mike Napoli still nursing an injured foot), while David Ross makes his first appearance since coming off the 60-day disabled list (concussion).
Mike Carp 1B
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Daniel Nava LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
David Ross C
Jake Peavy P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption
- Support SoxProspects in 2017