Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts makes big league debut, hits seventh
|08.20.13 at 6:19 pm ET|
SAN FRANCISCO — Xander Bogaerts will make his major-league debut Tuesday against the Giants, starting at shortstop while hitting seventh. With righty Ryan Vogelsong on the mound for San Francisco, Stephen Drew gets the night off to make way for Bogaerts.
Also sitting out of the starting lineup will be David Ortiz and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Mike Carp replaces Ortiz at first (with Mike Napoli still nursing an injured foot), while David Ross makes his first appearance since coming off the 60-day disabled list (concussion).
Mike Carp 1B
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Daniel Nava LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
David Ross C
Jake Peavy P
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case