Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew, David Ortiz start against lefty Barry Zito
|08.21.13 at 1:00 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said that he didn’t envision a strict platoon at shortstop now that Xander Bogaerts is in the big leagues, and his lineup on Wednesday reflects that claim. Though left-hander Barry Zito is on the hill for the Giants, Bogaerts will sit while Stephen Drew will get the nod at short.
Drew has seen quite a bit of Zito, with 35 career plate appearances against the southpaw. He has a .333 career average (with a .345 OBP and .455 slugging mark) against the 2002 AL Cy Young Award winner.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Felix Doubront, LHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash