Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew, David Ortiz start against lefty Barry Zito
|08.21.13 at 1:00 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said that he didn’t envision a strict platoon at shortstop now that Xander Bogaerts is in the big leagues, and his lineup on Wednesday reflects that claim. Though left-hander Barry Zito is on the hill for the Giants, Bogaerts will sit while Stephen Drew will get the nod at short.
Drew has seen quite a bit of Zito, with 35 career plate appearances against the southpaw. He has a .333 career average (with a .345 OBP and .455 slugging mark) against the 2002 AL Cy Young Award winner.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Felix Doubront, LHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.