Red Sox lineup: Stephen Drew, David Ortiz start against lefty Barry Zito
|08.21.13 at 1:00 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said that he didn’t envision a strict platoon at shortstop now that Xander Bogaerts is in the big leagues, and his lineup on Wednesday reflects that claim. Though left-hander Barry Zito is on the hill for the Giants, Bogaerts will sit while Stephen Drew will get the nod at short.
Drew has seen quite a bit of Zito, with 35 career plate appearances against the southpaw. He has a .333 career average (with a .345 OBP and .455 slugging mark) against the 2002 AL Cy Young Award winner.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Felix Doubront, LHP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort