Carl Crawford on Boston: ‘That was just a bad experience’
|08.23.13 at 11:38 am ET|
Of the high-priced players the Red Sox sent to the Dodgers in last August’s megadeal, outfielder Carl Crawford has been the most outspoken since, not hesitating to let everyone know that his time in Boston was miserable.
As the Red Sox and Dodgers prepare for a weekend series at Dodger Stadium, Crawford again touched on the subject.
“That was just a bad experience,” Crawford told The Los Angeles Times. “I definitely felt like I had a chance to get a fresh start. With a team, new atmosphere, new environment. New everything.”
Crawford is hitting .289/.340/.413 with five home runs, 23 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 88 games this season, helping the Dodgers to first place in the National League West.
Looking at this weekend’s games, Crawford said: “I want to win all three games. Bad. Then on to the next series.
Both teams are in first place after disappointing 2012 campaigns, and the trade is being credited with helping both clubs.
“It was the right time for Boston, in their mind, to do something. It was the right time for us to do something,” Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. “Both cases were dramatic.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Spring training games begin
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals