Carl Crawford on Boston: ‘That was just a bad experience’
|08.23.13 at 11:38 am ET|
Of the high-priced players the Red Sox sent to the Dodgers in last August’s megadeal, outfielder Carl Crawford has been the most outspoken since, not hesitating to let everyone know that his time in Boston was miserable.
As the Red Sox and Dodgers prepare for a weekend series at Dodger Stadium, Crawford again touched on the subject.
“That was just a bad experience,” Crawford told The Los Angeles Times. “I definitely felt like I had a chance to get a fresh start. With a team, new atmosphere, new environment. New everything.”
Crawford is hitting .289/.340/.413 with five home runs, 23 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 88 games this season, helping the Dodgers to first place in the National League West.
Looking at this weekend’s games, Crawford said: “I want to win all three games. Bad. Then on to the next series.
Both teams are in first place after disappointing 2012 campaigns, and the trade is being credited with helping both clubs.
“It was the right time for Boston, in their mind, to do something. It was the right time for us to do something,” Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. “Both cases were dramatic.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles