Carl Crawford on Boston: ‘That was just a bad experience’
|08.23.13 at 11:38 am ET|
Of the high-priced players the Red Sox sent to the Dodgers in last August’s megadeal, outfielder Carl Crawford has been the most outspoken since, not hesitating to let everyone know that his time in Boston was miserable.
As the Red Sox and Dodgers prepare for a weekend series at Dodger Stadium, Crawford again touched on the subject.
“That was just a bad experience,” Crawford told The Los Angeles Times. “I definitely felt like I had a chance to get a fresh start. With a team, new atmosphere, new environment. New everything.”
Crawford is hitting .289/.340/.413 with five home runs, 23 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 88 games this season, helping the Dodgers to first place in the National League West.
Looking at this weekend’s games, Crawford said: “I want to win all three games. Bad. Then on to the next series.
Both teams are in first place after disappointing 2012 campaigns, and the trade is being credited with helping both clubs.
“It was the right time for Boston, in their mind, to do something. It was the right time for us to do something,” Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said. “Both cases were dramatic.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss