Jerry Remy to miss upcoming Baltimore series
|08.24.13 at 3:08 am ET|
NESN announced Friday that Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy would be missing the team’s upcoming three-game series against the Orioles at Fenway Park. Dennis Eckersley will continue to fill-in for Remy, broadcasting the games alongside Don Orsillo.
Eckersley has been sitting in for Remy since Aug. 16, the day when Remy’s son, Jared, was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
The first two games of the series against Baltimore — Aug. 27-28 — coincides with the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings