Jerry Remy to miss upcoming Baltimore series
|08.24.13 at 3:08 am ET|
NESN announced Friday that Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy would be missing the team’s upcoming three-game series against the Orioles at Fenway Park. Dennis Eckersley will continue to fill-in for Remy, broadcasting the games alongside Don Orsillo.
Eckersley has been sitting in for Remy since Aug. 16, the day when Remy’s son, Jared, was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
The first two games of the series against Baltimore — Aug. 27-28 — coincides with the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech