Jerry Remy to miss upcoming Baltimore series
|08.24.13 at 3:08 am ET|
NESN announced Friday that Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy would be missing the team’s upcoming three-game series against the Orioles at Fenway Park. Dennis Eckersley will continue to fill-in for Remy, broadcasting the games alongside Don Orsillo.
Eckersley has been sitting in for Remy since Aug. 16, the day when Remy’s son, Jared, was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
The first two games of the series against Baltimore — Aug. 27-28 — coincides with the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome