Jerry Remy to miss upcoming Baltimore series
|08.24.13 at 3:08 am ET|
NESN announced Friday that Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy would be missing the team’s upcoming three-game series against the Orioles at Fenway Park. Dennis Eckersley will continue to fill-in for Remy, broadcasting the games alongside Don Orsillo.
Eckersley has been sitting in for Remy since Aug. 16, the day when Remy’s son, Jared, was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
The first two games of the series against Baltimore — Aug. 27-28 — coincides with the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill