Jerry Remy to miss upcoming Baltimore series
|08.24.13 at 3:08 am ET|
NESN announced Friday that Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy would be missing the team’s upcoming three-game series against the Orioles at Fenway Park. Dennis Eckersley will continue to fill-in for Remy, broadcasting the games alongside Don Orsillo.
Eckersley has been sitting in for Remy since Aug. 16, the day when Remy’s son, Jared, was charged with murdering his girlfriend.
The first two games of the series against Baltimore — Aug. 27-28 — coincides with the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker