Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz, Xander Bogaerts sit; Mike Napoli, Stephen Drew start vs. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
|08.24.13 at 2:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will turn to the majority of their right-handed platoon members against Dodgers lefty Hyun-jin Ryu on Saturday, with David Ross catching, Mike Napoli at first base and Jonny Gomes in left field while Jarrod Saltalamacchia, David Ortiz and Daniel Nava sit in the NL park. However, in one instance, the team will not embrace its right-handed complement to a primary everyday option, as the left-handed Stephen Drew will remain in the lineup at shortstop while Xander Bogaerts sits. Right-handers have actually had a more difficult time against Ryu (.242/.292/.337) than have lefties (.268/.325/.425), helping to explain why the Sox preferred the left-handed Drew but did not employ switch-hitters Nava or Saltalamacchia.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players