Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits; Xander Bogaerts gets start
|08.25.13 at 3:56 pm ET|
David Ortiz will not be in the starting lineup for the second straight game with the Dodgers sending yet another left-hander (Chris Capuano) to the mound. Mike Napoli is back at first base, hitting cleanup.
Rookie Xander Bogaerts, who notched his first major-league hit, Saturday, gets his second big league start, slotted in the eight-hole.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in their series finale against Los Angeles:
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Xander Bogaerts SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.