Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits; Xander Bogaerts gets start
|08.25.13 at 3:56 pm ET|
David Ortiz will not be in the starting lineup for the second straight game with the Dodgers sending yet another left-hander (Chris Capuano) to the mound. Mike Napoli is back at first base, hitting cleanup.
Rookie Xander Bogaerts, who notched his first major-league hit, Saturday, gets his second big league start, slotted in the eight-hole.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in their series finale against Los Angeles:
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Xander Bogaerts SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins