Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits; Xander Bogaerts gets start
|08.25.13 at 3:56 pm ET|
David Ortiz will not be in the starting lineup for the second straight game with the Dodgers sending yet another left-hander (Chris Capuano) to the mound. Mike Napoli is back at first base, hitting cleanup.
Rookie Xander Bogaerts, who notched his first major-league hit, Saturday, gets his second big league start, slotted in the eight-hole.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in their series finale against Los Angeles:
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Xander Bogaerts SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings