Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits; Xander Bogaerts gets start
|08.25.13 at 3:56 pm ET|
David Ortiz will not be in the starting lineup for the second straight game with the Dodgers sending yet another left-hander (Chris Capuano) to the mound. Mike Napoli is back at first base, hitting cleanup.
Rookie Xander Bogaerts, who notched his first major-league hit, Saturday, gets his second big league start, slotted in the eight-hole.
Here is the Red Sox‘ lineup in their series finale against Los Angeles:
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Xander Bogaerts SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort
- Teddy Stankiewicz debuted streamlined delivery in first spring outing