Garin Cecchini leads group of Red Sox Arizona Fall League participants
|08.27.13 at 4:00 pm ET|
The group of Sox participants is led by third baseman Garin Cecchini, with first baseman Travis Shaw, infielder Derek Gibson and right-handed pitchers Noe Ramirez, Keith Couch and Pete Ruiz also playing. The Sox also have a to-be-announced infield spot, which is likely Salem second-baseman Sean Coyle, who has missed time this season due to injury.
Cecchini, a first-round talent in 2010 who fell to the fourth round because of signability concerns and an injury in his senior year of high school, is in the midst of his third professional season. After starting at Salem, he was promoted to Double-A Portland, where he has hit .294/.417/.500 with two homers, 22 RBI and seven stolen bases in 69 games.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption