Garin Cecchini leads group of Red Sox Arizona Fall League participants
|08.27.13 at 4:00 pm ET|
The group of Sox participants is led by third baseman Garin Cecchini, with first baseman Travis Shaw, infielder Derek Gibson and right-handed pitchers Noe Ramirez, Keith Couch and Pete Ruiz also playing. The Sox also have a to-be-announced infield spot, which is likely Salem second-baseman Sean Coyle, who has missed time this season due to injury.
Cecchini, a first-round talent in 2010 who fell to the fourth round because of signability concerns and an injury in his senior year of high school, is in the midst of his third professional season. After starting at Salem, he was promoted to Double-A Portland, where he has hit .294/.417/.500 with two homers, 22 RBI and seven stolen bases in 69 games.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome