Garin Cecchini leads group of Red Sox Arizona Fall League participants
|08.27.13 at 4:00 pm ET|
Arizona Fall League rosters were announced for the 2013 season on Tuesday, with six known participants from the Red Sox included.
The group of Sox participants is led by third baseman Garin Cecchini, with first baseman Travis Shaw, infielder Derek Gibson and right-handed pitchers Noe Ramirez, Keith Couch and Pete Ruiz also playing. The Sox also have a to-be-announced infield spot, which is likely Salem second-baseman Sean Coyle, who has missed time this season due to injury.
Cecchini, a first-round talent in 2010 who fell to the fourth round because of signability concerns and an injury in his senior year of high school, is in the midst of his third professional season. After starting at Salem, he was promoted to Double-A Portland, where he has hit .294/.417/.500 with two homers, 22 RBI and seven stolen bases in 69 games.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected