Garin Cecchini leads group of Red Sox Arizona Fall League participants
|08.27.13 at 4:00 pm ET|
The group of Sox participants is led by third baseman Garin Cecchini, with first baseman Travis Shaw, infielder Derek Gibson and right-handed pitchers Noe Ramirez, Keith Couch and Pete Ruiz also playing. The Sox also have a to-be-announced infield spot, which is likely Salem second-baseman Sean Coyle, who has missed time this season due to injury.
Cecchini, a first-round talent in 2010 who fell to the fourth round because of signability concerns and an injury in his senior year of high school, is in the midst of his third professional season. After starting at Salem, he was promoted to Double-A Portland, where he has hit .294/.417/.500 with two homers, 22 RBI and seven stolen bases in 69 games.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise