Garin Cecchini leads group of Red Sox Arizona Fall League participants
|08.27.13 at 4:00 pm ET|
Arizona Fall League rosters were announced for the 2013 season on Tuesday, with six known participants from the Red Sox included.
The group of Sox participants is led by third baseman Garin Cecchini, with first baseman Travis Shaw, infielder Derek Gibson and right-handed pitchers Noe Ramirez, Keith Couch and Pete Ruiz also playing. The Sox also have a to-be-announced infield spot, which is likely Salem second-baseman Sean Coyle, who has missed time this season due to injury.
Cecchini, a first-round talent in 2010 who fell to the fourth round because of signability concerns and an injury in his senior year of high school, is in the midst of his third professional season. After starting at Salem, he was promoted to Double-A Portland, where he has hit .294/.417/.500 with two homers, 22 RBI and seven stolen bases in 69 games.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Allen Webster and Dalier Hinojosa
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket's offense explodes, Portland swept
- Cup of Coffee: Knuckleballer Wright cruises in Pawtucket, Portland drops two
- Red Sox call up Christian Vazquez
- Scouting Scratch: Early reports from Lowell
- Players of the Week, 6/30-7/6: Trey Ball & Rafael Devers
- Cup of Coffee: Devers leads the way in GCL doubleheader split
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Five Sea Dogs make Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes and Johnson struggle, Margot keeps improving