Red Sox lineup: Mike Carp returns; Xander Bogaerts starts at third
|09.01.13 at 10:05 am ET|
Three days after being scratched from the lineup with a sore shoulder, Mike Carp is back in. Manager John Farrell said Carp would’ve been available off the bench on Saturday, but the Red Sox had no need to call on him. He’s batting sixth and playing first, as Mike Napoli will get a day off.
Will Middlebrooks also gets a day off, one day after an 0-for-4 showing. Xander Bogaerts shifts to third in his absence, with Stephen Drew returning to the lineup at shortstop. With right-hander Andre Rienzo getting the start for Chicago, Daniel Nava gets the start in left over Jonny Gomes.
Felix Doubront gets the start for the Red Sox, and he’ll try to make it 12 straight games of Boston holding its opponent to three runs or fewer. For full batter vs. starting pitcher matchups, click here.
RED SOX LINEUP
David Ortiz DH
Daniel Nava LF
Mike Carp 1B
Stephen Drew SS
Xander Bogaerts 3B
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo