Red Sox lineup, Mike Napoli, Will Middlebrooks in; Xander Bogaerts sits
|09.02.13 at 11:44 am ET|
Both Mike Napoli and Will Middlebrooks are in the starting lineup Monday as the Red Sox kick off a three-game series against the Tigers. Both players sat on Sunday against the White Sox, with Monday marking the first time in three games that infielder Xander Bogaerts will be on the bench.
Batting ninth for the Tigers is Jose Iglesias, whom the Red Sox sent to Detroit in a three-team deal that landed Jake Peavy in Boston. In 28 games for the Tigers, Iglesias has hit .292/.344/.360 for the Tigers with one homer and five RBI.
The series between the AL East-leading Red Sox and AL Central-leading Tigers matches up the top two teams in the American League. John Lackey (8-11) will take the mound for the Red Sox after pitching into the eighth inning of each of his last two starts (0-1). The 11-7 Doug Fister will oppose him.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Daniel Nava, LF
6. Mike Napoli, 1B
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP — John Lackey
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles