Red Sox lineup, Mike Napoli, Will Middlebrooks in; Xander Bogaerts sits
|09.02.13 at 11:44 am ET|
Both Mike Napoli and Will Middlebrooks are in the starting lineup Monday as the Red Sox kick off a three-game series against the Tigers. Both players sat on Sunday against the White Sox, with Monday marking the first time in three games that infielder Xander Bogaerts will be on the bench.
Batting ninth for the Tigers is Jose Iglesias, whom the Red Sox sent to Detroit in a three-team deal that landed Jake Peavy in Boston. In 28 games for the Tigers, Iglesias has hit .292/.344/.360 for the Tigers with one homer and five RBI.
The series between the AL East-leading Red Sox and AL Central-leading Tigers matches up the top two teams in the American League. John Lackey (8-11) will take the mound for the Red Sox after pitching into the eighth inning of each of his last two starts (0-1). The 11-7 Doug Fister will oppose him.
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Shane Victorino, RF
3. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
4. David Ortiz, DH
5. Daniel Nava, LF
6. Mike Napoli, 1B
7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
8. Stephen Drew, SS
9. Will Middlebrooks, 3B
SP — John Lackey
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell