Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out again, David Ross catching
|09.06.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
NEW YORK — Jacoby Ellsbury is out for the second time in four games, less than a week removed from hurting his hand on a couple of jam shots on Sunday. Red Sox manager John Farrell had suggested that the situation was one that the Sox anticipated having to manage going forward, and this would appear to be further evidence of the notion.
With Ellsbury out, Shane Victorino will play center while Jonny Gomes is in left and Daniel Nava in right. David Ross is back in the lineup against Yankees lefty Andy Pettitte, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia sitting for the fourth straight day.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, CF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Felix Doubront, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption