Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out again, David Ross catching
|09.06.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
NEW YORK — Jacoby Ellsbury is out for the second time in four games, less than a week removed from hurting his hand on a couple of jam shots on Sunday. Red Sox manager John Farrell had suggested that the situation was one that the Sox anticipated having to manage going forward, and this would appear to be further evidence of the notion.
With Ellsbury out, Shane Victorino will play center while Jonny Gomes is in left and Daniel Nava in right. David Ross is back in the lineup against Yankees lefty Andy Pettitte, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia sitting for the fourth straight day.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, CF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
David Ross, C
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Felix Doubront, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound