Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out; Jackie Bradley up; Xander Bogaerts in
|09.07.13 at 10:08 am ET|
NEW YORK — With outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury out of the lineup for a second straight day, the Red Sox summoned Jackie Bradley Jr. from Triple-A Pawtucket. Bradley will get the start in center against Yankees left-hander David Huff.
With the southpaw on the mound, the Sox will also feature Xander Bogaerts at shortstop, batting ninth, while Stephen Drew gets a day off. While manager John Farrell had left open the possibility that Jarrod Saltalamacchia might start on Saturday, the team has instead elected to give him another day (his fifth straight out of the lineup), while Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Xander Bogaerts, SS
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando