Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out; Jackie Bradley up; Xander Bogaerts in
|09.07.13 at 10:08 am ET|
NEW YORK — With outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury out of the lineup for a second straight day, the Red Sox summoned Jackie Bradley Jr. from Triple-A Pawtucket. Bradley will get the start in center against Yankees left-hander David Huff.
With the southpaw on the mound, the Sox will also feature Xander Bogaerts at shortstop, batting ninth, while Stephen Drew gets a day off. While manager John Farrell had left open the possibility that Jarrod Saltalamacchia might start on Saturday, the team has instead elected to give him another day (his fifth straight out of the lineup), while Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Xander Bogaerts, SS
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings