Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out; Jackie Bradley up; Xander Bogaerts in
|09.07.13 at 10:08 am ET|
NEW YORK — With outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury out of the lineup for a second straight day, the Red Sox summoned Jackie Bradley Jr. from Triple-A Pawtucket. Bradley will get the start in center against Yankees left-hander David Huff.
With the southpaw on the mound, the Sox will also feature Xander Bogaerts at shortstop, batting ninth, while Stephen Drew gets a day off. While manager John Farrell had left open the possibility that Jarrod Saltalamacchia might start on Saturday, the team has instead elected to give him another day (his fifth straight out of the lineup), while Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Xander Bogaerts, SS
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers