Red Sox lineup: Jacoby Ellsbury out; Jackie Bradley up; Xander Bogaerts in
|09.07.13 at 10:08 am ET|
NEW YORK — With outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury out of the lineup for a second straight day, the Red Sox summoned Jackie Bradley Jr. from Triple-A Pawtucket. Bradley will get the start in center against Yankees left-hander David Huff.
With the southpaw on the mound, the Sox will also feature Xander Bogaerts at shortstop, batting ninth, while Stephen Drew gets a day off. While manager John Farrell had left open the possibility that Jarrod Saltalamacchia might start on Saturday, the team has instead elected to give him another day (his fifth straight out of the lineup), while Ryan Lavarnway will be behind the plate for starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Shane Victorino, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Ryan Lavarnway, C
Xander Bogaerts, SS
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?