Red Sox minor league roundup: Jackie Bradley Jr. ready to help; Steven Wright is rolling
|09.07.13 at 1:50 pm ET|
A brief look at the limited action in the Red Sox farm system on Friday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: 5-1 WIN VS. ROCHESTER (TWINS), LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE PLAYOFF SERIES, 2-1
— Jackie Bradley Jr. went 1-for-5, bringing his three-game playoff series total to 5-for-13 with a double and a walk, good for a .385/.429/.462 line heading into his recall by the Red Sox. Bradley is in the Sox lineup as their center fielder on Saturday (wearing his new number of 25, after Jake Peavy claimed his prior digits of 44), though Sox manager John Farrell said that he plans to adapt the lineup to daily circumstance rather than saying that Bradley would play everyday.
For his part, Bradley said that he felt he’d used his time in Triple-A productively, and that he believed he was ready to help after a regular season in Pawtucket that saw him hit .275/.374/.469 with 10 homers and 39 extra-base hits in 80 games.
“I feel like I’ve worked to try to get better every single day,” said Bradley. “There’s no levels in-between Triple-A and big leagues, are there? I feel like I can help the team win some games.”
— Knuckleballer Steven Wright continued his strong late-season run, tossing 6 1/3 shutout innings in which he allowed six hits and four walks while striking out five. In his last outings, Wright has a 1.85 ERA while averaging just over six innings a start.
— Mark Hamilton had a big game, going 2-for-2 with a double, two-run homer and two walks. The 29-year-old hit .261/.361/.463 with 12 homers and 33 extra-base hits in 82 games after signing with the Sox as a minor league free agent last offseason.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY
— Salem opens its best-of-five Carolina League championship series against Potomac on Saturday. Right-hander Heri Quevedo is slated to make the start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington