Red Sox minor league roundup: Jackie Bradley Jr. ready to help; Steven Wright is rolling
|09.07.13 at 1:50 pm ET|
A brief look at the limited action in the Red Sox farm system on Friday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: 5-1 WIN VS. ROCHESTER (TWINS), LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE PLAYOFF SERIES, 2-1
— Jackie Bradley Jr. went 1-for-5, bringing his three-game playoff series total to 5-for-13 with a double and a walk, good for a .385/.429/.462 line heading into his recall by the Red Sox. Bradley is in the Sox lineup as their center fielder on Saturday (wearing his new number of 25, after Jake Peavy claimed his prior digits of 44), though Sox manager John Farrell said that he plans to adapt the lineup to daily circumstance rather than saying that Bradley would play everyday.
For his part, Bradley said that he felt he’d used his time in Triple-A productively, and that he believed he was ready to help after a regular season in Pawtucket that saw him hit .275/.374/.469 with 10 homers and 39 extra-base hits in 80 games.
“I feel like I’ve worked to try to get better every single day,” said Bradley. “There’s no levels in-between Triple-A and big leagues, are there? I feel like I can help the team win some games.”
— Knuckleballer Steven Wright continued his strong late-season run, tossing 6 1/3 shutout innings in which he allowed six hits and four walks while striking out five. In his last outings, Wright has a 1.85 ERA while averaging just over six innings a start.
— Mark Hamilton had a big game, going 2-for-2 with a double, two-run homer and two walks. The 29-year-old hit .261/.361/.463 with 12 homers and 33 extra-base hits in 82 games after signing with the Sox as a minor league free agent last offseason.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY
— Salem opens its best-of-five Carolina League championship series against Potomac on Saturday. Right-hander Heri Quevedo is slated to make the start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe