Red Sox minor league roundup: Jackie Bradley Jr. ready to help; Steven Wright is rolling
|09.07.13 at 1:50 pm ET|
A brief look at the limited action in the Red Sox farm system on Friday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: 5-1 WIN VS. ROCHESTER (TWINS), LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE PLAYOFF SERIES, 2-1
— Jackie Bradley Jr. went 1-for-5, bringing his three-game playoff series total to 5-for-13 with a double and a walk, good for a .385/.429/.462 line heading into his recall by the Red Sox. Bradley is in the Sox lineup as their center fielder on Saturday (wearing his new number of 25, after Jake Peavy claimed his prior digits of 44), though Sox manager John Farrell said that he plans to adapt the lineup to daily circumstance rather than saying that Bradley would play everyday.
For his part, Bradley said that he felt he’d used his time in Triple-A productively, and that he believed he was ready to help after a regular season in Pawtucket that saw him hit .275/.374/.469 with 10 homers and 39 extra-base hits in 80 games.
“I feel like I’ve worked to try to get better every single day,” said Bradley. “There’s no levels in-between Triple-A and big leagues, are there? I feel like I can help the team win some games.”
— Knuckleballer Steven Wright continued his strong late-season run, tossing 6 1/3 shutout innings in which he allowed six hits and four walks while striking out five. In his last outings, Wright has a 1.85 ERA while averaging just over six innings a start.
— Mark Hamilton had a big game, going 2-for-2 with a double, two-run homer and two walks. The 29-year-old hit .261/.361/.463 with 12 homers and 33 extra-base hits in 82 games after signing with the Sox as a minor league free agent last offseason.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY
— Salem opens its best-of-five Carolina League championship series against Potomac on Saturday. Right-hander Heri Quevedo is slated to make the start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston