Red Sox minor league roundup: Jackie Bradley Jr. ready to help; Steven Wright is rolling
|09.07.13 at 1:50 pm ET|
A brief look at the limited action in the Red Sox farm system on Friday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: 5-1 WIN VS. ROCHESTER (TWINS), LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE PLAYOFF SERIES, 2-1
— Jackie Bradley Jr. went 1-for-5, bringing his three-game playoff series total to 5-for-13 with a double and a walk, good for a .385/.429/.462 line heading into his recall by the Red Sox. Bradley is in the Sox lineup as their center fielder on Saturday (wearing his new number of 25, after Jake Peavy claimed his prior digits of 44), though Sox manager John Farrell said that he plans to adapt the lineup to daily circumstance rather than saying that Bradley would play everyday.
For his part, Bradley said that he felt he’d used his time in Triple-A productively, and that he believed he was ready to help after a regular season in Pawtucket that saw him hit .275/.374/.469 with 10 homers and 39 extra-base hits in 80 games.
“I feel like I’ve worked to try to get better every single day,” said Bradley. “There’s no levels in-between Triple-A and big leagues, are there? I feel like I can help the team win some games.”
— Knuckleballer Steven Wright continued his strong late-season run, tossing 6 1/3 shutout innings in which he allowed six hits and four walks while striking out five. In his last outings, Wright has a 1.85 ERA while averaging just over six innings a start.
— Mark Hamilton had a big game, going 2-for-2 with a double, two-run homer and two walks. The 29-year-old hit .261/.361/.463 with 12 homers and 33 extra-base hits in 82 games after signing with the Sox as a minor league free agent last offseason.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY
— Salem opens its best-of-five Carolina League championship series against Potomac on Saturday. Right-hander Heri Quevedo is slated to make the start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates