Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia returns; Shane Victorino, Xander Bogaerts, Mike Napoli sit
|09.08.13 at 9:52 am ET|
NEW YORK — As the Red Sox prepare for the final installment of their four-game set in the Bronx, they will feature their third leadoff man of the series. Shane Victorino is out of the lineup on Sunday, resulting in Daniel Nava assuming leadoff duties against Yankees starter Hiroki Kuroda. Mike Napoli, who has blasted six homers in his last 12 games including two on Saturday, is also out of the lineup.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Jon Lester, with the catcher making his return after sitting for five games while managing lower back discomfort. Stephen Drew, after a day off on Saturday, is back in the lineup, with Xander Bogaerts returning to the bench.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies