Red Sox lineup: Jarrod Saltalamacchia returns; Shane Victorino, Xander Bogaerts, Mike Napoli sit
|09.08.13 at 9:52 am ET|
NEW YORK — As the Red Sox prepare for the final installment of their four-game set in the Bronx, they will feature their third leadoff man of the series. Shane Victorino is out of the lineup on Sunday, resulting in Daniel Nava assuming leadoff duties against Yankees starter Hiroki Kuroda. Mike Napoli, who has blasted six homers in his last 12 games including two on Saturday, is also out of the lineup.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Jon Lester, with the catcher making his return after sitting for five games while managing lower back discomfort. Stephen Drew, after a day off on Saturday, is back in the lineup, with Xander Bogaerts returning to the bench.
RED SOX LINEUP
Daniel Nava, RF
Jonny Gomes, LF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox