Will Middlebrooks, Mike Napoli named Co-AL Players of the Week
|09.09.13 at 4:13 pm ET|
Red Sox infielders Will Middlebrooks and Mike Napoli were named American League Co-Players of the Week for the week ending on Sept. 8, the league announced Monday.
Middlebrooks went 13-for-28 over seven games with a double, four homers, nine RBI and eight runs scored. He led the AL in both hits and total bases (26), while his RBI total was tied with Napoli first in the league over the week.
Napoli had a 10-for-21 showing at the player with a pair of doubles, four homers, nine RBI and seven runs scored. It was Middlebrooks’ second time being named AL Player of the Week, while it was the third such honor for Napoli.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route