Will Middlebrooks, Mike Napoli named Co-AL Players of the Week
|09.09.13 at 4:13 pm ET|
Red Sox infielders Will Middlebrooks and Mike Napoli were named American League Co-Players of the Week for the week ending on Sept. 8, the league announced Monday.
Middlebrooks went 13-for-28 over seven games with a double, four homers, nine RBI and eight runs scored. He led the AL in both hits and total bases (26), while his RBI total was tied with Napoli first in the league over the week.
Napoli had a 10-for-21 showing at the player with a pair of doubles, four homers, nine RBI and seven runs scored. It was Middlebrooks’ second time being named AL Player of the Week, while it was the third such honor for Napoli.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder