Will Middlebrooks, Mike Napoli named Co-AL Players of the Week
|09.09.13 at 4:13 pm ET|
Middlebrooks went 13-for-28 over seven games with a double, four homers, nine RBI and eight runs scored. He led the AL in both hits and total bases (26), while his RBI total was tied with Napoli first in the league over the week.
Napoli had a 10-for-21 showing at the player with a pair of doubles, four homers, nine RBI and seven runs scored. It was Middlebrooks’ second time being named AL Player of the Week, while it was the third such honor for Napoli.
For more on the Red Sox, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Weekly Notes: Travis out for the year, Luis Alej. Basabe stays hot
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez's mechanical adjustment
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, Ockimey lead Greenville, Haley rolls on
- Sam Travis out for season with torn ACL
- Cup of Coffee: Gunsolus, Ray power Greenville to win
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start