Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia leading off against David Price, Rays
|09.10.13 at 3:26 pm ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — For the first time this season, Dustin Pedroia will be leading off, with David Ortiz sliding up to the third spot in the Red Sox‘ batting order. Pedroia, who has only hit third throughout the ’13 season, last hit leadoff on Oct. 3, 2009.
Following is the batting order for the Red Sox, who will send Clay Buchholz to the mound against the Rays.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies