Red Sox lineup: Dustin Pedroia leading off against David Price, Rays
|09.10.13 at 3:26 pm ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — For the first time this season, Dustin Pedroia will be leading off, with David Ortiz sliding up to the third spot in the Red Sox‘ batting order. Pedroia, who has only hit third throughout the ’13 season, last hit leadoff on Oct. 3, 2009.
Following is the batting order for the Red Sox, who will send Clay Buchholz to the mound against the Rays.
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Jonny Gomes LF
Daniel Nava RF
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Stephen Drew SS
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas