Red Sox minor league roundup: Championship ambitions in Pawtucket, Salem
|09.10.13 at 11:00 am ET|
A brief look at the inaction in the Red Sox minor league system on Tuesday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: OFF-DAY; STARTING BEST-OF-FIVE SERIES AT DURHAM BULLS
The PawSox open their best-of-five Governor’s Cup championship series against the Durham Bulls (the Triple-A affiliate of the Rays) on Tuesday in Durham. Right-hander Anthony Ranaudo (who turned 24 on Monday) will start Game 1 for Pawtucket. He’ll be followed in the rotation by Steven Wright, Matt Barnes and Charlie Haeger.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY; LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES VS. POTOMAC (NATIONALS), 2-0
— On the 12th anniversary of Salem’s last Carolina League title (when, in 2001, as an affiliate of the Rockies, a team featuring Matt Holliday and Aaron Cook won the title), the Red Sox’ High-A affiliate will look to wrap up a championship. William Cuevas will be the starting pitcher for Salem.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp