Red Sox minor league roundup: Championship ambitions in Pawtucket, Salem
|09.10.13 at 11:00 am ET|
A brief look at the inaction in the Red Sox minor league system on Tuesday:
TRIPLE-A PAWTUCKET RED SOX: OFF-DAY; STARTING BEST-OF-FIVE SERIES AT DURHAM BULLS
The PawSox open their best-of-five Governor’s Cup championship series against the Durham Bulls (the Triple-A affiliate of the Rays) on Tuesday in Durham. Right-hander Anthony Ranaudo (who turned 24 on Monday) will start Game 1 for Pawtucket. He’ll be followed in the rotation by Steven Wright, Matt Barnes and Charlie Haeger.
HIGH-A SALEM RED SOX: OFF-DAY; LEAD BEST-OF-FIVE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES VS. POTOMAC (NATIONALS), 2-0
— On the 12th anniversary of Salem’s last Carolina League title (when, in 2001, as an affiliate of the Rockies, a team featuring Matt Holliday and Aaron Cook won the title), the Red Sox’ High-A affiliate will look to wrap up a championship. William Cuevas will be the starting pitcher for Salem.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday