Red Sox to open 2014 season in March, at Camden Yards
|09.10.13 at 1:59 pm ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The (tentative) 2014 Red Sox regular season schedule is out.
The Red Sox will claim their earliest Opening Day since 2008 next season, kicking off the ’14 regular season on March 31 at Camden Yards in Baltimore against the Orioles. The previous earliest opener came when the Sox started their season in Japan ’08, taking on the A’s at the Tokyo Dome.
The Red Sox’ ’14 home opener will follow the three-game set in Baltimore, with the Brewers coming to Fenway Park on April 4. Besides Milwaukee, other National League teams coming to Boston will be the Reds (May 6-7), the Braves (May 28-29) and the Cubs (June 30-July 2).
The Red Sox will visit St. Louis for the first time since ’05, taking on the Cardinals in a three-game series from Aug. 5-7. It’s a road swing that also includes a visit to Cincinnati, where the Red Sox last traveled to in ’08. The Sox also return to Pittsburgh, taking on the Pirates Sept. 16-18.
The most difficult month for the Red Sox figures to be June, when John Farrell’s team will play 19 road games in six different cities (including a West Coast swing through Oakland and Seattle).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?