Red Sox lineup: David Ross behind plate with Ryan Dempster pitching
|09.11.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Red Sox manager John Farrell noted on the Salk and Holley Show Wednesday afternoon that David Ross and Jarrod Saltalamacchia would be alternating games at catcher until Saltalamacchia’s back is fully healed. With that in mind, Ross gets the start against Tampa Bay starter Alex Cobb in the second game of the Red Sox’ three-game set with the Rays at Tropicana Field.
Here is the Red Sox lineup:
David Ortiz DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Daniel Nava LF
Stephen Drew SS
Will Middlebrooks 3B
David Ross C
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two