After X-rays, Jake Peavy says right wrist ‘will be OK’
|09.13.13 at 12:00 am ET|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — After the Red Sox‘ 4-3 loss to the Rays Thursday night, Jake Peavy emerged from the trainer’s room with his right wrist taped up. The pitcher had been hit with a sixth-inning line drive off the bat of Tampa Bay’s Desmond Jennings.
Peavy stayed in to throw three more pitches (along with a one-hop pickoff throw to first baseman Mike Napoli), retiring Jose Lobaton to end the sixth, before calling it a night.
After the game Peavy had X-rays, which came back negative. The righty said he believed the injury was just a bruise and wouldn’t be anything to worry about.
“Just the line drive hit me on the wrist, the outer part of the wrist,” he said. “It will be OK.”
Peavy got a no-decision, allowing three runs on four hits over six innings, while tying a season high with five walks. He has allowed three or more runs in each of his last two starts after not managing the feat in his previous four starts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller