Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino returns, Mike Napoli sits
|09.13.13 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Red Sox are back at home against the Yankees on Friday after a 5-2 roadtrip to New York and Tampa Bay. After sitting on Thursday, Shane Victorino is back in right field and batting second, while Mike Napoli gets the day off against right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, with Mike Carp getting the start at first base. Kuroda was the starter for the Yankees last Sunday in the only game of the four-game set in the Bronx that the home team won.
Also of note: Jarrod Saltalamacchia will start at catcher, marking the first time since he sat out five consecutive games last week that he has started back-to-back games. He’ll be working with starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando