Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino returns, Mike Napoli sits
|09.13.13 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Red Sox are back at home against the Yankees on Friday after a 5-2 roadtrip to New York and Tampa Bay. After sitting on Thursday, Shane Victorino is back in right field and batting second, while Mike Napoli gets the day off against right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, with Mike Carp getting the start at first base. Kuroda was the starter for the Yankees last Sunday in the only game of the four-game set in the Bronx that the home team won.
Also of note: Jarrod Saltalamacchia will start at catcher, marking the first time since he sat out five consecutive games last week that he has started back-to-back games. He’ll be working with starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies