Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino returns, Mike Napoli sits
|09.13.13 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Red Sox are back at home against the Yankees on Friday after a 5-2 roadtrip to New York and Tampa Bay. After sitting on Thursday, Shane Victorino is back in right field and batting second, while Mike Napoli gets the day off against right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, with Mike Carp getting the start at first base. Kuroda was the starter for the Yankees last Sunday in the only game of the four-game set in the Bronx that the home team won.
Also of note: Jarrod Saltalamacchia will start at catcher, marking the first time since he sat out five consecutive games last week that he has started back-to-back games. He’ll be working with starter John Lackey.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes