Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts in; Will Middlebrooks, Shane Victorino sit
|09.15.13 at 4:12 pm ET|
At a time when Will Middlebrooks is amidst an 0-for-17 stretch spanning the past five games, Xander Bogaerts will start at third base for the Red Sox on Sunday against the Yankees and right-hander Ivan Nova. Middlebrooks has struck out five times in those 17 plate appearances, including three times in four at-bats on Saturday. Meanwhile, this represents just the second time that Bogaerts has started in consecutive games since getting called up to the big leagues.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies