Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts in; Will Middlebrooks, Shane Victorino sit
|09.15.13 at 4:12 pm ET|
At a time when Will Middlebrooks is amidst an 0-for-17 stretch spanning the past five games, Xander Bogaerts will start at third base for the Red Sox on Sunday against the Yankees and right-hander Ivan Nova. Middlebrooks has struck out five times in those 17 plate appearances, including three times in four at-bats on Saturday. Meanwhile, this represents just the second time that Bogaerts has started in consecutive games since getting called up to the big leagues.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Carp, LF
Mike Napoli, 1B
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot