Red Sox call up Brock Holt, Brayan Villarreal, Steven Wright
|09.17.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
The Red Sox called up infielder Brock Holt and pitchers Brayan Villarreal and Steven Wright on Tuesday.
Holt has played 23 games for Boston this season, hitting .203/.275/.237 with 11 RBIs in 23 games. He provides depth at second base, third base and shortstop.
Villarreal has faced just one batter for the Red Sox since coming over in the Jake Peavy–Jose Iglesias trade — a walk-off walk against the Giants on Aug. 20. Villarreal had a 1.69 ERA in five appearances for Pawtucket.
Wright has made four appearances for the Sox this season, including one start, recording a 5.40 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. He had a 3.46 ERA in 24 starts for Pawtucket.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens