Red Sox call up Brock Holt, Brayan Villarreal, Steven Wright
|09.17.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
The Red Sox called up infielder Brock Holt and pitchers Brayan Villarreal and Steven Wright on Tuesday.
Holt has played 23 games for Boston this season, hitting .203/.275/.237 with 11 RBIs in 23 games. He provides depth at second base, third base and shortstop.
Villarreal has faced just one batter for the Red Sox since coming over in the Jake Peavy–Jose Iglesias trade — a walk-off walk against the Giants on Aug. 20. Villarreal had a 1.69 ERA in five appearances for Pawtucket.
Wright has made four appearances for the Sox this season, including one start, recording a 5.40 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. He had a 3.46 ERA in 24 starts for Pawtucket.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome