Red Sox call up Brock Holt, Brayan Villarreal, Steven Wright
|09.17.13 at 3:51 pm ET|
The Red Sox called up infielder Brock Holt and pitchers Brayan Villarreal and Steven Wright on Tuesday.
Holt has played 23 games for Boston this season, hitting .203/.275/.237 with 11 RBIs in 23 games. He provides depth at second base, third base and shortstop.
Villarreal has faced just one batter for the Red Sox since coming over in the Jake Peavy–Jose Iglesias trade — a walk-off walk against the Giants on Aug. 20. Villarreal had a 1.69 ERA in five appearances for Pawtucket.
Wright has made four appearances for the Sox this season, including one start, recording a 5.40 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. He had a 3.46 ERA in 24 starts for Pawtucket.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot