Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts starts again at third base
|09.17.13 at 2:41 pm ET|
For the first time in his big league career, Xander Bogaerts will start for a third straight day, getting the start at third base in place of Will Middlebrooks (who was sidelined on Sunday by the flu). Bogaerts went 2-for-3 with a double and walk on Sunday, and is now hitting .303 with a .361 OBP and .455 slugging mark in 13 games (36 plate appearances) since being called up from Triple-A Pawtucket a month ago. Bogaerts will be in the lineup against Orioles right-hander Scott Feldman.
Shane Victorino will return to the lineup and play center on Tuesday, with Mike Carp playing left against the right-handed Feldman and Daniel Nava crossing the outfield to play right. Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Ryan Dempster.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Mike Carp, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins