Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts starts again at third base
|09.17.13 at 2:41 pm ET|
For the first time in his big league career, Xander Bogaerts will start for a third straight day, getting the start at third base in place of Will Middlebrooks (who was sidelined on Sunday by the flu). Bogaerts went 2-for-3 with a double and walk on Sunday, and is now hitting .303 with a .361 OBP and .455 slugging mark in 13 games (36 plate appearances) since being called up from Triple-A Pawtucket a month ago. Bogaerts will be in the lineup against Orioles right-hander Scott Feldman.
Shane Victorino will return to the lineup and play center on Tuesday, with Mike Carp playing left against the right-handed Feldman and Daniel Nava crossing the outfield to play right. Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Ryan Dempster.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Mike Carp, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption