Red Sox lineup: Xander Bogaerts starts again at third base
|09.17.13 at 2:41 pm ET|
For the first time in his big league career, Xander Bogaerts will start for a third straight day, getting the start at third base in place of Will Middlebrooks (who was sidelined on Sunday by the flu). Bogaerts went 2-for-3 with a double and walk on Sunday, and is now hitting .303 with a .361 OBP and .455 slugging mark in 13 games (36 plate appearances) since being called up from Triple-A Pawtucket a month ago. Bogaerts will be in the lineup against Orioles right-hander Scott Feldman.
Shane Victorino will return to the lineup and play center on Tuesday, with Mike Carp playing left against the right-handed Feldman and Daniel Nava crossing the outfield to play right. Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate for Ryan Dempster.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, RF
Mike Carp, LF
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
Stephen Drew, SS
Xander Bogaerts, 3B
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday