Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino sits as Red Sox try to avoid sweep vs. Orioles
|09.19.13 at 3:14 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino, who was replaced in extra innings on Wednesday night by a pinch-hitter due to a jammed thumb, is out of the lineup on Thursday in the finale of a three-game series against the Orioles. In his absence, Jackie Bradley Jr. is in the lineup in center, with Daniel Nava moving to right field and Mike Carp getting the start in left against O’s right-hander Chris Tillman.
Tillman has dominated the Sox this year, going 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA against Boston in three starts. Victorino is one of the only Sox with any success against the towering right-hander, having forged a .364/.417/.636 line against Tillman that includes a homer. No other member of the Sox roster has homered against the 2013 All-Star.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies