Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino sits as Red Sox try to avoid sweep vs. Orioles
|09.19.13 at 3:14 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino, who was replaced in extra innings on Wednesday night by a pinch-hitter due to a jammed thumb, is out of the lineup on Thursday in the finale of a three-game series against the Orioles. In his absence, Jackie Bradley Jr. is in the lineup in center, with Daniel Nava moving to right field and Mike Carp getting the start in left against O’s right-hander Chris Tillman.
Tillman has dominated the Sox this year, going 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA against Boston in three starts. Victorino is one of the only Sox with any success against the towering right-hander, having forged a .364/.417/.636 line against Tillman that includes a homer. No other member of the Sox roster has homered against the 2013 All-Star.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.