Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino sits as Red Sox try to avoid sweep vs. Orioles
|09.19.13 at 3:14 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino, who was replaced in extra innings on Wednesday night by a pinch-hitter due to a jammed thumb, is out of the lineup on Thursday in the finale of a three-game series against the Orioles. In his absence, Jackie Bradley Jr. is in the lineup in center, with Daniel Nava moving to right field and Mike Carp getting the start in left against O’s right-hander Chris Tillman.
Tillman has dominated the Sox this year, going 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA against Boston in three starts. Victorino is one of the only Sox with any success against the towering right-hander, having forged a .364/.417/.636 line against Tillman that includes a homer. No other member of the Sox roster has homered against the 2013 All-Star.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler