Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino sits as Red Sox try to avoid sweep vs. Orioles
|09.19.13 at 3:14 pm ET|
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino, who was replaced in extra innings on Wednesday night by a pinch-hitter due to a jammed thumb, is out of the lineup on Thursday in the finale of a three-game series against the Orioles. In his absence, Jackie Bradley Jr. is in the lineup in center, with Daniel Nava moving to right field and Mike Carp getting the start in left against O’s right-hander Chris Tillman.
Tillman has dominated the Sox this year, going 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA against Boston in three starts. Victorino is one of the only Sox with any success against the towering right-hander, having forged a .364/.417/.636 line against Tillman that includes a homer. No other member of the Sox roster has homered against the 2013 All-Star.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Daniel Nava, RF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Stephen Drew, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
John Lackey, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox