Shane Victorino leaves with jammed thumb
|09.19.13 at 12:10 am ET|
Victorino, who was wearing a guard for the thumb throughout the game, was pinch-hit for by Jackie Bradley Jr. in the 12th. Bradley Jr. grounded out to the pitcher.
Victorino still managed three hits on the night, including a 10th-inning single against Baltimore reliever Tommy Hunter, who hadn’t given up a hit to a right-handed batter prior to the game since Aug. 19.
“He’s got a little bit of a jammed thumb,” said Red Sox manager John Farrell after the loss. “He’s wearing a guard to protect it, to give him some cushion. But we felt like after that final at-bat we needed to make a move there just because of the soreness he’s experiencing.”
In 22 games at Fenway Park since July 30, Victorino is now batting .402 with a .470 OBP.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg