Shane Victorino leaves with jammed thumb
|09.19.13 at 12:10 am ET|
Victorino, who was wearing a guard for the thumb throughout the game, was pinch-hit for by Jackie Bradley Jr. in the 12th. Bradley Jr. grounded out to the pitcher.
Victorino still managed three hits on the night, including a 10th-inning single against Baltimore reliever Tommy Hunter, who hadn’t given up a hit to a right-handed batter prior to the game since Aug. 19.
“He’s got a little bit of a jammed thumb,” said Red Sox manager John Farrell after the loss. “He’s wearing a guard to protect it, to give him some cushion. But we felt like after that final at-bat we needed to make a move there just because of the soreness he’s experiencing.”
In 22 games at Fenway Park since July 30, Victorino is now batting .402 with a .470 OBP.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade