Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino scratched as Red Sox look to clinch AL East
|09.20.13 at 2:52 pm ET|
After he sat out of Thursday’s game with a jammed thumb,
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino is back in the lineup and in center field on Friday for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays.
UPDATE: Shane Victorino was initially included in the Red Sox lineup for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays. However, shortly after the initial lineup was announced, the Sox issued a revised lineup from which Victorino had been scratched. With Victorino and Jacoby Ellsbury out, Jackie Bradley Jr. will once again be in the lineup in center field.
With a win (or a Rays loss), the Red Sox would wrap up the American League East. In a way, it seems fitting that the Red Sox will look to clinch against Blue Jays starter Esmil Rogers. After all, Toronto acquired Rogers from the Indians in exchange for Yan Gomes and shortstop Mike Aviles, the latter of whom was acquired (briefly) by the Jays as compensation for their willingness to release John Farrell from his contract as Blue Jays manager so that he could join the Red Sox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Daniel Nava, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday