Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino scratched as Red Sox look to clinch AL East
|09.20.13 at 2:52 pm ET|
After he sat out of Thursday’s game with a jammed thumb,
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino is back in the lineup and in center field on Friday for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays.
UPDATE: Shane Victorino was initially included in the Red Sox lineup for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays. However, shortly after the initial lineup was announced, the Sox issued a revised lineup from which Victorino had been scratched. With Victorino and Jacoby Ellsbury out, Jackie Bradley Jr. will once again be in the lineup in center field.
With a win (or a Rays loss), the Red Sox would wrap up the American League East. In a way, it seems fitting that the Red Sox will look to clinch against Blue Jays starter Esmil Rogers. After all, Toronto acquired Rogers from the Indians in exchange for Yan Gomes and shortstop Mike Aviles, the latter of whom was acquired (briefly) by the Jays as compensation for their willingness to release John Farrell from his contract as Blue Jays manager so that he could join the Red Sox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Daniel Nava, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Devers, Chavis power Drive, Rei makes pro debut
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?