Red Sox lineup: Shane Victorino scratched as Red Sox look to clinch AL East
|09.20.13 at 2:52 pm ET|
After he sat out of Thursday’s game with a jammed thumb,
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino is back in the lineup and in center field on Friday for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays.
UPDATE: Shane Victorino was initially included in the Red Sox lineup for the opener of a three-game series against the Blue Jays. However, shortly after the initial lineup was announced, the Sox issued a revised lineup from which Victorino had been scratched. With Victorino and Jacoby Ellsbury out, Jackie Bradley Jr. will once again be in the lineup in center field.
With a win (or a Rays loss), the Red Sox would wrap up the American League East. In a way, it seems fitting that the Red Sox will look to clinch against Blue Jays starter Esmil Rogers. After all, Toronto acquired Rogers from the Indians in exchange for Yan Gomes and shortstop Mike Aviles, the latter of whom was acquired (briefly) by the Jays as compensation for their willingness to release John Farrell from his contract as Blue Jays manager so that he could join the Red Sox.
RED SOX LINEUP
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
Shane Victorino, CF
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Daniel Nava, RF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players