Red Sox holding off on announcing ALDS rotation
|09.28.13 at 11:41 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Though his team locked up home field advantage in the playoffs and a matchup in the American League Division Series against the winner of the one-game playoff between the wild card winners, Red Sox manager John Farrell said that he was not yet ready to announce the order of his starting rotation in the ALDS.
“We’ll have that in a couple of days,” Farrell said.
Jon Lester, considered a leading contender to start Game 1 of the ALDS, left the team on Saturday night to head to Boston, where his wife, Farrah Lester, is scheduled to have labor induced on Sunday morning for the delivery of the couple’s second child.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected