Red Sox lineup: Allen Webster replaces John Lackey for season finale
|09.29.13 at 12:31 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With the Red Sox having sewn up home-field advantage throughout the postseason, the team features a lineup unlike anything seen in its first 161 games of 2013. John Lackey, the scheduled starter, was scratched in favor of rookie Allen Webster, who will likely be limited to a few innings in what is being treated functionally as a bullpen game. Behind him, the Sox will feature a number of players off the bench in their lineup in the season finale against the Orioles and right-handed starter Chris Tillman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
John McDonald, 2B
Quintin Berry, RF
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again