Red Sox lineup: Allen Webster replaces John Lackey for season finale
|09.29.13 at 12:31 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — With the Red Sox having sewn up home-field advantage throughout the postseason, the team features a lineup unlike anything seen in its first 161 games of 2013. John Lackey, the scheduled starter, was scratched in favor of rookie Allen Webster, who will likely be limited to a few innings in what is being treated functionally as a bullpen game. Behind him, the Sox will feature a number of players off the bench in their lineup in the season finale against the Orioles and right-handed starter Chris Tillman.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Xander Bogaerts, SS
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Mike Carp, LF
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
John McDonald, 2B
Quintin Berry, RF
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players