MLB announces Red Sox start times for first two games
|09.30.13 at 6:47 pm ET|
Major League Baseball announced the starting times for the first two games of the Division Series. The Red Sox will play the winner of Wednesday’s wild card game on Friday at 3:07 p.m., then play Game 2 on Saturday at 5:37 p.m. Both games will take place at Fenway Park before a scheduled Sunday off-day prior to Game 3 on the road on Monday. The starting time of Game 3 has yet to be announced.
Here is the release:
Major League Baseball today announced the start times for all Division Series games through Saturday. TBS will exclusively televise up to 18 of the 20 potential Division Series games, while MLB Network will carry two Division Series games – one on Friday, October 4th and the other on Monday, October 7th. The National League Central Champion St. Louis Cardinals will host the winner of the National League Wild Card Game (either the Pittsburgh Pirates or the Cincinnati Reds) in Game 1 of the N.L. Division Series at Busch Stadium on Thursday, October 3rd at 5:07 p.m. (ET)/4:07 p.m. (CT). In the evening, the N.L. East Champion Atlanta Braves will host the N.L. West-winning Los Angeles Dodgers with an 8:37 p.m. (ET) first pitch in Game 1 of the NLDS at Turner Field. Both of Thursday’s games will be exclusively televised by TBS.
On Friday, October 4th, all four Division Series will be in action, beginning with Game 2 of the Cardinals’ NLDS at Busch Stadium at 1:07 p.m. (ET)/12:07 p.m. (CT). MLB Network will exclusively televise the Cardinals’ matinee on Friday. Three ensuing Division Series games will be on TBS. At 3:07 p.m. (ET), the Boston Red Sox will host the American League Wild Card Game winner – the Cleveland Indians, the Tampa Bay Rays or the Texas Rangers – in Game 1 of the American League Division Series. Game 2 of the Dodgers-Braves NLDS will start at 6:07 p.m. (ET). Friday’s finale will be Game 1 in Oakland, featuring the A.L. West Champion Athletics against the A.L. Central-winning Detroit Tigers, with a 9:37 (ET)/6:37 p.m. (PT) first pitch.
The first of Saturday’s pair of contests – each an ALDS Game 2 – will get underway at Fenway Park at 5:37 p.m. (ET). The A’s will then host the Tigers with a 9:07 p.m. (ET)/6:07 p.m. (PT) start. ESPN Radio will provide live national coverage of all 2013 MLB Postseason games, including the Wild Card Games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates