Jon Lester gets Game 1 start, John Lackey in Game 2 for Red Sox
|10.02.13 at 5:19 pm ET|
Game 1: Jon Lester
Game 2: John Lackey
Game 3: Clay Buchholz
Game 4 (if necessary): Jake Peavy
Game 5 (if necessary): Jon Lester
Farrell had said for the last few weeks that he had a pretty good idea who his Game 1 starter would be, but that he wasn’t ready to announce it in case something changed.
On Sunday, WEEI.com’s Alex Speier reported that Buchholz and Peavy would be pitching in Wednesday’s simulated game, indicating that Lester and Lackey would start Games 1 and 2.
Farrell confirmed that Lackey’s home-road splits were taken into account. Lackey went 6-3 with a 2.47 ERA and 1.03 WHIP at home this season, but he was just 4-10 with a 4.48 ERA and 1.27 WHIP on the road.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers