Jon Lester gets Game 1 start, John Lackey in Game 2 for Red Sox
|10.02.13 at 5:19 pm ET|
Game 1: Jon Lester
Game 2: John Lackey
Game 3: Clay Buchholz
Game 4 (if necessary): Jake Peavy
Game 5 (if necessary): Jon Lester
Farrell had said for the last few weeks that he had a pretty good idea who his Game 1 starter would be, but that he wasn’t ready to announce it in case something changed.
On Sunday, WEEI.com’s Alex Speier reported that Buchholz and Peavy would be pitching in Wednesday’s simulated game, indicating that Lester and Lackey would start Games 1 and 2.
Farrell confirmed that Lackey’s home-road splits were taken into account. Lackey went 6-3 with a 2.47 ERA and 1.03 WHIP at home this season, but he was just 4-10 with a 4.48 ERA and 1.27 WHIP on the road.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas