John Farrell: David Ross ‘will certainly be in one of these first two games’
|10.03.13 at 1:38 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Thursday that outfielder Jonny Gomes will be in the lineup and catcher David Ross will see some action early in the American League Division Series, with the Rays set up to pitch left-handers Matt Moore and David Price in the first two games at Fenway Park.
“Yeah, I think obviously Jonny Gomes will be in left field,” Farrell said at a Fenway Park press conference. “We’ll do some things behind the plate probably to split the two games up. And David Ross’ involvement will certainly be in one of these first two games.
“But I like the fact that in a July series in here where Moore and Price were dominant against us, towards the middle of that second half and beyond, we fared very well against left-handed starters. We know we’re going up against a very good starting rotation, led off by the two left-handers, Price and Moore. But probably pretty consistent with what we’ve seen against left-handed starters. What our lineup has been will be reflected tomorrow. So, we’re looking forward to getting things started.”
“He’s worked well with both guys,” Farrell said. “So, there’s going to be a few things that come into play; who he’s catching, who he’s facing, and how that matchup might best serve us as a team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi