John Farrell: David Ross ‘will certainly be in one of these first two games’
|10.03.13 at 1:38 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Thursday that outfielder Jonny Gomes will be in the lineup and catcher David Ross will see some action early in the American League Division Series, with the Rays set up to pitch left-handers Matt Moore and David Price in the first two games at Fenway Park.
“Yeah, I think obviously Jonny Gomes will be in left field,” Farrell said at a Fenway Park press conference. “We’ll do some things behind the plate probably to split the two games up. And David Ross’ involvement will certainly be in one of these first two games.
“But I like the fact that in a July series in here where Moore and Price were dominant against us, towards the middle of that second half and beyond, we fared very well against left-handed starters. We know we’re going up against a very good starting rotation, led off by the two left-handers, Price and Moore. But probably pretty consistent with what we’ve seen against left-handed starters. What our lineup has been will be reflected tomorrow. So, we’re looking forward to getting things started.”
“He’s worked well with both guys,” Farrell said. “So, there’s going to be a few things that come into play; who he’s catching, who he’s facing, and how that matchup might best serve us as a team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss