John Farrell: David Ross ‘will certainly be in one of these first two games’
|10.03.13 at 1:38 pm ET|
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Thursday that outfielder Jonny Gomes will be in the lineup and catcher David Ross will see some action early in the American League Division Series, with the Rays set up to pitch left-handers Matt Moore and David Price in the first two games at Fenway Park.
“Yeah, I think obviously Jonny Gomes will be in left field,” Farrell said at a Fenway Park press conference. “We’ll do some things behind the plate probably to split the two games up. And David Ross’ involvement will certainly be in one of these first two games.
“But I like the fact that in a July series in here where Moore and Price were dominant against us, towards the middle of that second half and beyond, we fared very well against left-handed starters. We know we’re going up against a very good starting rotation, led off by the two left-handers, Price and Moore. But probably pretty consistent with what we’ve seen against left-handed starters. What our lineup has been will be reflected tomorrow. So, we’re looking forward to getting things started.”
“He’s worked well with both guys,” Farrell said. “So, there’s going to be a few things that come into play; who he’s catching, who he’s facing, and how that matchup might best serve us as a team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.