Red Sox Game 1 lineup: Jonny Gomes in left, Jarrod Saltalamacchia catching
|10.04.13 at 12:15 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature right-handed hitter Jonny Gomes in left field for Game 1 of the best-of-five American League Division Series, with Daniel Nava available in a reserve role, against Rays left-hander Matt Moore. Gomes is just 2-for-12 with a double against Moore, while Nava is 0-for-3 against him. Meanwhile, Saltalamacchia is just 0-for-1 against Moore, while David Ross has never faced him. It is Saltalamacchia who will be behind the plate for Game 1, which presumably means that Ross will get the Game 2 start against Rays left-hander David Price.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Jonny Gomes, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies