Jared Remy pleads not guilty to murder charge
|10.08.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
Jared Remy, son of NESN Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy, pleaded not guilty to killing his live-in girlfriend during a court appearance Tuesday in Superior Court in Woburn.
The 35-year-old Remy allegedly stabbed Jennifer Martel to death outside their Waltham apartment on Aug. 15. The attack, which a neighbor told police he witnessed, came one day after Remy was released from custody after being accused of assaulting Martel.
Remy, whose father did not attend the the proceeding, is due back in court Oct. 28 for a pretrial conference.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected