Red Sox ALCS Game 1 lineup vs. Tigers: David Ross behind the plate for Jon Lester
|10.12.13 at 4:34 pm ET|
In a repetition of the pairing that led the Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Tigers (and, on that day, starter Max Scherzer) in early September, the Red Sox will once again pair catcher David Ross with Jon Lester for Game 1 of the best-of-seven American League Championship Series against the Tigers on Saturday. Ross — who caught Game 2 of the ALDS againt the Rays (a game started by John Lackey), will catch and bat ninth.
Ross does have some familiarity (if not success) against Tigers Game 1 starter Anibal Sanchez, having hit .182 with a .250 OBP and .455 slugging mark as well as a homer in 12 plate appearances against the former NL East foe. The Tigers, meanwhile, have six members of their starting lineup with career averages of .400 or better against Lester — perhaps explaining in part why Farrell wanted to build on the battery combination that yielded so much success in the final month of the regular season.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again