Red Sox ALCS Game 1 lineup vs. Tigers: David Ross behind the plate for Jon Lester
|10.12.13 at 4:34 pm ET|
In a repetition of the pairing that led the Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Tigers (and, on that day, starter Max Scherzer) in early September, the Red Sox will once again pair catcher David Ross with Jon Lester for Game 1 of the best-of-seven American League Championship Series against the Tigers on Saturday. Ross — who caught Game 2 of the ALDS againt the Rays (a game started by John Lackey), will catch and bat ninth.
Ross does have some familiarity (if not success) against Tigers Game 1 starter Anibal Sanchez, having hit .182 with a .250 OBP and .455 slugging mark as well as a homer in 12 plate appearances against the former NL East foe. The Tigers, meanwhile, have six members of their starting lineup with career averages of .400 or better against Lester — perhaps explaining in part why Farrell wanted to build on the battery combination that yielded so much success in the final month of the regular season.
RED SOX LINEUP
Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
Shane Victorino, RF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B
David Ortiz, DH
Mike Napoli, 1B
Daniel Nava, LF
Stephen Drew, SS
Will Middlebrooks, 3B
David Ross, C
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort