Local man arrested in Fenway Park clubhouse for trying to steal Mike Napoli’s glove
|10.23.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
Thomas Robbins was charged with attempting to commit a crime, larceny of more than $250 and trespassing. After appearing in Roxbury District Court on Monday and denying the charges, Robbins is due back in court on Dec. 11.
According to the Suffolk Count District Attorney’s office, a member of the Red Sox staff saw Robbins inside the clubhouse a few hours after the Red Sox clinched the American League pennant with a win over the Tigers. When asked why he was there, Robbins dropped a glove and attempted to run. Police were called and detained Robbins in the players’ parking lot. He had two press box place markers in his possession, leading police to believe that he had been in the press box earlier.
Robbins has been banned from the park until the conclusion of his case. The glove, meanwhile, was returned to Napoli.
“It was valued at $450 for purposes of the case, but a perfectly worn mitt is priceless,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. “We’re glad Mike got it back and won’t have to worry about it [Wednesday] night.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest
- Weekly Notes: Moncada set to debut, Brian Johnson keeps producing
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech and Haley solid, Tejeda swinging a hot bat
- Yoan Moncada to debut with Greenville on Monday
- Cup of Coffee: Witte nearly hits for the cycle, Devers strong for Greenville