Local man arrested in Fenway Park clubhouse for trying to steal Mike Napoli’s glove
|10.23.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
Thomas Robbins was charged with attempting to commit a crime, larceny of more than $250 and trespassing. After appearing in Roxbury District Court on Monday and denying the charges, Robbins is due back in court on Dec. 11.
According to the Suffolk Count District Attorney’s office, a member of the Red Sox staff saw Robbins inside the clubhouse a few hours after the Red Sox clinched the American League pennant with a win over the Tigers. When asked why he was there, Robbins dropped a glove and attempted to run. Police were called and detained Robbins in the players’ parking lot. He had two press box place markers in his possession, leading police to believe that he had been in the press box earlier.
Robbins has been banned from the park until the conclusion of his case. The glove, meanwhile, was returned to Napoli.
“It was valued at $450 for purposes of the case, but a perfectly worn mitt is priceless,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. “We’re glad Mike got it back and won’t have to worry about it [Wednesday] night.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston