Local man arrested in Fenway Park clubhouse for trying to steal Mike Napoli’s glove
|10.23.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
Thomas Robbins was charged with attempting to commit a crime, larceny of more than $250 and trespassing. After appearing in Roxbury District Court on Monday and denying the charges, Robbins is due back in court on Dec. 11.
According to the Suffolk Count District Attorney’s office, a member of the Red Sox staff saw Robbins inside the clubhouse a few hours after the Red Sox clinched the American League pennant with a win over the Tigers. When asked why he was there, Robbins dropped a glove and attempted to run. Police were called and detained Robbins in the players’ parking lot. He had two press box place markers in his possession, leading police to believe that he had been in the press box earlier.
Robbins has been banned from the park until the conclusion of his case. The glove, meanwhile, was returned to Napoli.
“It was valued at $450 for purposes of the case, but a perfectly worn mitt is priceless,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. “We’re glad Mike got it back and won’t have to worry about it [Wednesday] night.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade