Clay Buchholz still targeting Game 4 start; Felix Doubront ‘ready for everything’
|10.25.13 at 10:24 am ET|
Both the starter and pitching coach Juan Nieves confirmed Buchholz will throw the same sort of side session Friday that he would in preparation for any start. The righty played a light game of catch Thursday.
“Well, everything that he’s going through right now is indicating that he will start on Sunday,” said Red Sox manager John Farrell prior to his team’s 4-2 loss to the Cardinals in Game 2. “There’s been nothing that has happened since we spoke yesterday here or with Clay that would indicate otherwise. So we fully expect him to go.”
Felix Doubront, also speaking after the loss, said he is still viewing himself as a reliever, having warmed up during the eighth inning Thursday night.
“I’m ready for everything,” the lefty said. “I was available today. Next game same thing. I’m in the bullpen right now. If [filling in for Buchholz] happens, I’m going to be there. But I’m a bullpen guy, too.”
Doubront has pitched 2 1/3 innings out of the bullpen this postseason, having last appeared in Game 4, nine days ago.
“I feel good. I feel totally rested and ready to go,” he said. “I can go five or six [innings], or even more than that. But right now I’m available in the bullpen.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- Red Sox name Mike Rikard Director of Amateur Scouting