Clay Buchholz still targeting Game 4 start; Felix Doubront ‘ready for everything’
|10.25.13 at 10:24 am ET|
Both the starter and pitching coach Juan Nieves confirmed Buchholz will throw the same sort of side session Friday that he would in preparation for any start. The righty played a light game of catch Thursday.
“Well, everything that he’s going through right now is indicating that he will start on Sunday,” said Red Sox manager John Farrell prior to his team’s 4-2 loss to the Cardinals in Game 2. “There’s been nothing that has happened since we spoke yesterday here or with Clay that would indicate otherwise. So we fully expect him to go.”
Felix Doubront, also speaking after the loss, said he is still viewing himself as a reliever, having warmed up during the eighth inning Thursday night.
“I’m ready for everything,” the lefty said. “I was available today. Next game same thing. I’m in the bullpen right now. If [filling in for Buchholz] happens, I’m going to be there. But I’m a bullpen guy, too.”
Doubront has pitched 2 1/3 innings out of the bullpen this postseason, having last appeared in Game 4, nine days ago.
“I feel good. I feel totally rested and ready to go,” he said. “I can go five or six [innings], or even more than that. But right now I’m available in the bullpen.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot