Clay Buchholz still targeting Game 4 start; Felix Doubront ‘ready for everything’
|10.25.13 at 10:24 am ET|
Both the starter and pitching coach Juan Nieves confirmed Buchholz will throw the same sort of side session Friday that he would in preparation for any start. The righty played a light game of catch Thursday.
“Well, everything that he’s going through right now is indicating that he will start on Sunday,” said Red Sox manager John Farrell prior to his team’s 4-2 loss to the Cardinals in Game 2. “There’s been nothing that has happened since we spoke yesterday here or with Clay that would indicate otherwise. So we fully expect him to go.”
Felix Doubront, also speaking after the loss, said he is still viewing himself as a reliever, having warmed up during the eighth inning Thursday night.
“I’m ready for everything,” the lefty said. “I was available today. Next game same thing. I’m in the bullpen right now. If [filling in for Buchholz] happens, I’m going to be there. But I’m a bullpen guy, too.”
Doubront has pitched 2 1/3 innings out of the bullpen this postseason, having last appeared in Game 4, nine days ago.
“I feel good. I feel totally rested and ready to go,” he said. “I can go five or six [innings], or even more than that. But right now I’m available in the bullpen.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers